Avocado Chocolate Pudding

I have had to become very creative in figuring out some healthy low/no sugar recipes for my parents as we battle against the diabolical disease of dementia/Alzheimer's.

Here's one for Avocado Chocolate Pudding.

I usually create my recipes on the spot, I don't document how much of everything I actually use, but I made it again tonight so I could have a 'starting recipe' for you.  My family loves it as is, but you may want to tweak it a bit to make your taste buds happy.



Avocado_Chocolate_Pudding
Avocado Chocolate Pudding
Makes about 12 servings
Serving Size 1.5 cups


Ingredients:

4 ripe refrigerated avocados
1 can Unsweetened Coconut Milk
2 cups Chocolate Vitalizing Protein
               (I use Shaklee's brand)
2/3 cups Raw  Cacao powder

1 Tbs.  coffee
1 large banana, sliced and frozen
1/3 cups cacao nibs (optional)
2 tsp. vanilla
1 tsp.  stevia (if needed)


    A little side note about my choice of ingredients...I just can't afford to let any 
    toxins in my mom's body. I research all options to use only the purest 
    products possible.  That means organic and non-GMO everything bought at 
    the grocery store and only Shaklee's brand when it comes to our protein and 
    supplements.  No other company's products comes close when it comes to 
    Shaklee's extremely strict standards for purity (which include hundreds of 
    tests more than what is required by the FDA and USP.)

Directions:
Remove the seeds, peel and slice avocados.

Add to food processor. Pulse until blended.
Add 1/2 can of coconut milk and 2 cups of Vitalizing Protein. Blend.


Avocado_Chocolate_Pudding_Step_2


The mixture will be now be fairly creamy,
Thrive180_Avocado_Chocolate_Pudding
but needs a bit more 'chocolate' flavor.
So next add the cacao,
the coffee, vanilla,
the other 1/2 can of coconut milk.
Then the cacao nibs (if you have them)
and 
the frozen banana.

Blend well. 


Taste.
If you feel it
needs a little more sweetness,

add a teaspoon of organic stevia.

Transfer to a bowl,
cover, 
freeze for an hour.
Enjoy!


ThriveThrive180_Avocado_Chocolate_Pudding_Nutrition_Stats





Be well, my friends!
~Anne



No comments:

Post a Comment